Company: Sodecia Global Tech & Automation Center Europe.
Sodecia Group is recruiting 2 PLC Programmers / Robotics Technicians to join Sodecia GTAC in Europe.
- Read and interpret drawings and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Test electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage, and resistance.
- Must be able to maintain and troubleshoot welding equipment. (mig, spot, drawn arc, projection).
- Must understand PLC ladder logic and text based logic programs.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and program articulated robots.
- Design, develop, and program new PLC systems
- Act as programming technical lead when required
- Debug / repair equipment
- Develop and implement standard engineering practices, as well as provide detailed documentation upon project completion and start-up
- Work closely with manufacturing to maximum cycle times
- Write PLC logic
- Interpret mechanical sequence
- Other duties and projects as required by your Supervisor.
- College or industry diploma in PLC programming, industrial electrical and robotics equipment.
- Trade certification or Apprenticeship an asset.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in the electrical and/or robotics programming field.
- Previous experience with Beckhoff Controls, Structured Text programming and Indusoft HMI software an asset.
- Previous experience with Kuk robots an asset.
- Understanding of all aspects related to manufacturing of Automotive stamping, welding, processing and automation.
- Strong understanding of Safety protocols including OHSA, CSA and ISO
- Good understanding of the production environment, good analytical and math skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, with excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently and in team setting and ask for expertise of others when needed
- Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain timing deadlines.
- Must have the ability and knowledge to use various electrical and electronic testing equipment.
- Ability to react appropriately in stressful situations
What we Offer:
- Multicultural environment
- Excellent work conditions
- Travel required in and out of the country as defined by project requirements and as requested by management.
- Report to Plant Manager
Will also accept any suitable combination of education, training, and/or experience.