Company: Sodecia Global Tech & Automation Center Europe.
Sodecia Group is recruiting a Buyer/Stores to join Sodecia GTAC in Europe.
- Gather and document information that must be relayed to all other associates regarding the status of orders, pricing, and delivery schedules.
- Issue consumables as required.
- Maintain the required inventory levels of all items in stores through the requisition procedure.
- Monitor overdue orders daily.
- Place and follow up on orders and their due dates to ensure timely deliveries.
- Process purchase orders and requisitions in accordance with Sodecia TS16949 Material Standards and Procedures.
- Receive all incoming packages and accurately match the items with the corresponding packing slips, requisitions, and purchase orders.
- Communicate receipt of same as needed to customer or secure for off-shift.
- Enter orders and receipts into the ID4 computer system.
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry.
- Maintain inventory listings with current information for sourcing and pricing.
- Collect from suppliers and catalogue all Material Safety Data Sheets, and ensure they are kept up-to-date and in compliance with proper MSDS format and legislation.
- Send out any parts needing repair or recycling and ensure return or replacement.
- Complete daily housekeeping and maintenance of the store area. The area must be visibly neat and orderly.
- Keep the first-aid room and bathroom supplies stocked at all times and maintained as required.
- Sourcing appropriate vendors in the supply of products for the company.
- Negotiate and track supplier cost-downs.
- Interviewing vendors to ensure competitive pricing and delivery requirements.
- Development of vendor bases and supplier performance tracking and reporting.
- Responsible for the upkeep of purchasing records for the department.
- Maintain order files of material purchased for follow-up checks on delivery for promised dates.
- Check materials received against purchase orders; maintain communication with suppliers and internal departments regarding overdue items.
- Processing of purchase orders and ensuring proper authorization for the purchase of products.
- Servicing and scheduling for company vehicles.
- Other duties and projects as required by your manager.
- Post-secondary education in business or a related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in this type of position is required.
- Experience in buying manufacturing equipment is an asset.
- Working knowledge of material management, contracts, purchasing systems, and legal requirements.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) and AS400/JBA systems.
- Enrolment or completion of PMAC Principles of Buying or APICS Basics of Supply Chain Management courses.
- Ability to react appropriately in stressful situations while working in a “just in time” environment.
What we Offer:
- Multicultural environment
- Excellent work conditions
- Travel required in and out of the country as defined by project requirements and as requested by management.
- Report to Plant Manager
Will also accept any suitable combination of education, training, and/or experience.